Accounting Specialist HR2-00034
The Accounting Specialist maintains various elements of the Accounting System, monitors Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Fixed Assets record keeping systems, and assist with all other aspects of the Department. A successful candidate will have a strong interest in a systems approach to solving problems and a keen interest in the accounting results of all transactions. Will work exceptionally well with internal customers and be responsive to varied needs of the Accounting Department and Company.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains purchase order receivers/invoices
- Pays vendors by monitoring discount opportunities, verifying federal ID numbers, scheduling and preparing checks, resolving purchase order, contract, invoice, or payment discrepancies and documentation, ensuring credit is received for outstanding memos, issuing stop-payment or purchase order amendments.
- Pays employee expense reports and requests for advances, prepares checks
- Verifies vendor accounts by reconciling monthly statements and related transactions.
- Maintains accounting ledgers by verifying and posting account transactions, including but not limited to prepaids and accruals
- Maintains historical records by scanning and filing documents.
- Prepares 1099's at year end.
- Reports sales taxes by calculating requirements on paid invoices.
- Supports backup to daily phone coverage.
- Utilizes ERP software for manufacturing transaction analysis and accounting for same; understanding various aspects of software functionality.
Microsoft Office experience preferred
Accounting office experience preferred
Note: This is an entry level Accounting position. New graduates or limited experience accounting applicants are welcome to apply.
EEO Employer F/M/Vet/Disabled
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), VEVRAA, and section 503, should you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a postition currently open with Dearborn Division (Maine), please call (207) 935-5153 or email
31 August 2017Apply for this vacancy