Senior Buyer HR2-00053
The Senior Buyer is a salaried position responsible for negotiating, planning and purchasing of goods and services (raw materials, equipment, outside services, MRO supplies), providing optimal value to the company. Develops and maintains supplier relationship to support company goals. Reporting to the Sourcing Manager, this position works independently with general guidance and some supervision.
This position works closely with internal / external customers and intermittent travel is required.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
1: Raw Material Commodity Management
Partner with major raw material suppliers to forecast availability
Create / maintain material availability database for sales, project management, scheduling
Determine most cost effective raw material securement process
Ensure proper and complete flow down of all required information
Develop / maintain continuous inventory balance process
2: Inventory Control Management
Create / maintain (Sub-Tier) inventory control system
- Develop / maintain continuous inventory balance process
- Minimum 5 years in related field (Sourcing / Purchasing)
- Demonstrate excellent customer service skills, including oral and written communication
- Fluent in Microsoft Office suite
- Experience in contract writing, negotiating and review
- Experience in inventory management
- Bachelor's degree in Business Management preferred
- MBA preferred
- Experience as a Commodity Manager preferred
EEO Employer F/M/Vet/Disabled
In compliance with the ADA Amendments Act (ADAAA), VEVRAA, and Section 503, should you have a disability and would like to request an accommodation in order to apply for a currently open position with Dearborn Division, please call (207) 935-2171.
28 February 2019Apply for this vacancy