DESIGN DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER - HOUSTON, TX HR7-00094
To design and develop electronic circuitry, firmware and software for use in Hunting Titan’s Instrument Division’s products.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
This position requires detailed knowledge and experience with the items listed below:
Cased Hole Logging and Perforating instruments & systems for use in elevated downhole temperature, shock and vibrations conditions.
- Sensor application, interfacing, signal conditioning and amplification
- Selection and qualification of analog and digital components and integrated circuits for mixed-signal designs.
- Microcontroller firmware and embedded application development
- Circuit development for down data acquisition, processing, storage, transmission, power and control systems.
Education & Experience:
BS EE or MS EE
5+ years of experience preferred.
Designs, prototypes and tests digital, analog, mixed signal & DSP circuits and systems for use in Titan Perforating and Cased Hole Logging Product Lines.
- Drawing of schematics and wiring diagrams for developed circuits and layout out PCB’s using EMI/EMC reduction techniques.
- Develops, writes and tests embedded Firmware in Assembly and “C” for 8, 16, and 32 bit standard and DSP micro controllers and microprocessors.
- Develops, writes and tests product User Software using “C”, “C#”, and in the “.NET” framework.
- Modifies existing Firmware or Software to correct errors or to adapt it to new hardware, or to up upgrade interfaces and improve performance.
- Researches and analyzes data such as customer design proposals, specifications, and other data to determine the feasibility of a design or its application.
- Is responsible for the supervision and time management of all personnel assigned to him or a project under his supervision.
- Contributes to business strategy discussions as requested by management
Works with management to transition designs from development to product production
Provides sustaining engineering support services to enhance product quality both electronically and mechanically and to increase productivity.
Assist in the production of written operation and maintenance documentation and manuals.
- Effective communication skills
- Analytical thinking and logical reasoning for design debug and test of products.
Supervisor / Manager Responsibility: None
Business Unit / Departmental Management or Responsibility: None
Technical or Learned Expertise: Yes, knowledge of products, technical support for troubleshooting, explosives, etc.
Work Environment / Conditions (list chemicals, allergen, noise, heights, etc):
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts, fumes or air particles, and risk of electrical shock. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Physical Demands (% of time as appropriate):
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 80 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. (These vision requirements relate to obtaining a valid driver’s license and recognizing current Hazmat warning labels that are color coded.)
A. Education and Training
- BSEE + 3 years’ experience or MSEE in Electrical Engineering.
- Good technical writing and communication abilities.
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills.
- Highly proficient in the use of the C programming language
- Proficient in the use of Altium Designer, SolidWorks and other Engineering related software
B. General Requirements
The Design & Development Engineer additionally will have experience:
- Typically a minimum of three years related experience in an industry related position.
C. Technical Requirements / Skills
- Must have good soldering and hand skills.
- Must be able to use standard test equipment such as oscilloscopes, meters, logic analyzers, power supplies and other lab test equipment.
D. Certificates, Licenses & Registrations
- Must have a valid driver’s license and record that conforms to company’s insurance policies, ATF, DOT, and State of other required Hazmat training
E. Work Authorization / Security Clearance:
None for Security Clearance
Work Authorization – Ability to work in the United States. No F-1 or OPT candidates.
30 December 2017Apply for this vacancy