INVENTORY CONTROL SPECIALIST HR7-00082
Responsible for inventory management activities which pertain to inventory accuracy and integrity, while providing inventory management support for all Company owned distribution centers and manufacturing locations.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Manages inventory in conjunction with other organizational functions Accounting, Sales, Purchasing and Customer Service.
- Interfaces with distribution center personnel regarding inventory management activities, cycle counts, receipts, transfers, stocking levels and other activities relating to inventory.
- As required, will interface with accounting, sales, customer service, and purchasing on requested inventory activities.
- Monitors stocking levels for minimum on hand stock requirement.
- Manages and optimizes inventory levels at all distribution centers.
- Drives operational excellence and best practices across the network with the focus being on a continuous reduction of cost and inventory to match demand.
- Initiates stock movements between warehouses as deemed appropriate
- Monitors monthly cycle count for assigned warehouses
- Ensures timely completion cycle counts per yearly schedule
- Updates inventory counts on ERP system and generate posting report
- Requests recount or confirmation of variances
- Processes transactions to adjust inventory
- Actively participates in physical inventories
- Generates stock reports and reconcile records regularly
- Reconciles variances against ERP transactions
- Reports variances to warehouses for recount; process adjustments as required
- Generates transfer orders for inter-company inventory movements
- Other duties that may be assigned
Education and Training
Inventory Control Specialist 1:
- University degree in Business or related field or equivalent 5 years of experience in inventory management.
- Able to manage cost performance, supply/demand forecasting & distribution execution across a variety of product lines from multiple sources
- Able to build relationships internally & externally
- Strong analytical, financial & P&L skill required to succeed
- In depth knowledge of key supply chain/logistics processes & current best practices.
- Solid judgment to know what is appropriate for the company size/scope.
- Able to quickly establish credibility across organization/engage others to ensure the most effective efficient inventory management solutions for the varied business units.
- Flexibility to seek & incorporate input from others into the plan/solid track record for effectively inventory control
- Able to create/upgrade the inventory control system function in an organization of similar size and scope.
- Able to interface with both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Able to provide improvement to processes as required.
Certificates, Licenses & Registrations
- Must have a valid driver’s license and record that conforms to company’s insurance policies.
- Must have a current / valid passport for international travel.
Must be certified by A.T.F. with a “Responsible Person Letter Of Clearance”
- Must not have any personal or legal domestic or international travel restrictions.
- Able to travel to and from customer locations.
- Able to travel approximately 50% of the time
- Must possess good organizational and leadership skills and be familiar with terminology used in and around the business community.
- Must be able to recognize and be discreet with sensitive regulatory, financial, personnel, and other business related information.
- Must have the ability to manage and work with people in a harmonious way to accomplish the tasks assigned to this position.
- Ability to travel domestic and internationally.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to stand, reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus. (These vision requirements relate to obtaining a valid driver’s license and recognizing current Hazmat warning labels that are color coded.)
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee occasionally works with explosives. This involves handling packaged/boxed explosives as well as instructing customers in the proper use, storage, and transportation of these explosives. The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and in outside weather conditions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Inventory Control Specialist 1:
- 5+ years of inventory management experience in progressively senior positions, operations experience an asset.
- Experienced with Microsoft Office programs (Excel, Word, Access, Power Point etc.)
- Experience in inventory management technology/processes
4 October 2017Apply for this vacancy