PRODUCTION SUPERVISOR NIGHT SHIFT HR7-00106
Supervises and coordinates activities of workers in CNC hollow carrier department, CNC sub department, laser department, CNC mill department, RTG department, material handling and sawing.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Coordinates with day shift supervisors to assign the work that needs to be done during night shift.
- Inspects work in progress to verify conformance to specifications.
- Directs placement of workers to machines as necessary.
Interprets company policies to workers and enforces safety regulations.
- Interprets specifications, blueprints, and job orders to workers, and assigns duties.
- Carries out procedures within the departments to assure traceability of heat, production, and job order numbers for raw materials used in department.
- Provides leadership in the obtaining and retaining of ISO certification.
- Makes, maintains, and updates job routings as necessary.
- Trains workers in the proper use and care of machine tools, measuring tools, gauges, cutting tools, coolants, and lubricants in the department.
- Trains and encourages workers to keep a lookout for blemished raw material being used in the department.
- Maintain records for training and corrective actions.
- Carries out work procedures to meet production schedules.
- Suggests changes in working conditions and use of equipment to increase efficiency of shop, department, or work crew.
- Analyzes and resolves work problems, or assist workers in solving work problems.
- Initiates or suggests plans to motivate workers to achieve work goals.
- Confers with other day shift supervisors to coordinate activities of individual departments.
- Provides assistance with Human Resources needs.
- Reviews and addresses all evaluations as needed and required for department.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Training
High School Diploma or the equivalent is preferred.
Associate’s degree or equivalent from two-Year College or technical school or four or more years related experience and training or equivalent combination of education and experience.
Able to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions and decimals.
Able to apply common sense and understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
Able to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
Able to read and understand CNC programming, along with basic computer skills.
Able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
Able to communicate one on one and before groups of employees, and to manage and work with people in a harmonious way to accomplish the tasks assigned to the department.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand. The employee frequently is required to walk, use hands to finger, handle, of feel objects, tools or controls. The employee is frequently required to stoop, kneel, push, pull, and twist. The employee must regularly lift and or move objects up to 50 pounds, sometimes heavier weighted objects are required, but lifting devices are available. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, depth perception, and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee regularly works near moving mechanical parts. The employee is exposed to noise levels that maintain under standard levels. Proper protective equipment is required, including steel toe boots, safety glasses. Ear plugs are available.
20 January 2018Apply for this vacancy