Purchasing Coordinator - Pampa HR7-00075
Takes general and daily direction from Purchasing Manager or Supply Chain Manager in the purchase of goods and services in support of ongoing business operations.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
- Supports and promotes a safe working environment consistent with industry, government and company policies and practices.
- Verifies purchase request authorization is in accordance with the latest revision of the Delegation of Authority signature guideline as published and revised by the CFO and approved by the President.
- Work with engineering to verify quality compliance with any potential suppliers or products.
- Verifies clarity of specifications on purchase requests.
- Works in accordance with the priorities as identified by the Purchasing Manager or Division General Manager.
- Reviews open purchase order line item reports and proactively expedites suppliers to insure on-time deliveries.
- Reviews Supplier Non Conformance reports and insures non-conforming products are returned to supplier for replacement or credit.
- Supports Purchasing Manager or Division General Manager in locating and developing new supply sources where a supplier’s on-time delivery, quality or cost is inadequate or non-competitive.
- In accordance with procurement policy/guidelines, insure that adequate quotes/bids are obtained and purchase justification documented, deliveries are aligned to required dates, and other required purchase information is obtained and documented.
- Prepares purchase orders and subsequently maintains purchase order files, transmits copy of Purchase Order to supplier and transmits copy of Purchase Order to department originating request.
- Resolves vendor and contractor grievances and elevates to management as appropriate.
- Leverages cost, reviews compliance to specifications, aligns supplier delivery to required delivery dates, and awards contract or places purchase order with approved supplier
- Reviews and reacts to key metrics as necessary to monitor performance of purchasing department and suppliers in accordance with departmental and company objectives (i.e. supplier quality, supplier on-time delivery, PPV variance to Standard, purchase request to purchase order, supplier invoice receipt to payment cycle, discrepant invoice DSO, target cost reduction objectives, etc.)
- Other duties as assigned.
Education and Training
- High School Diploma or the equivalent is preferred.
- Associate’s degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or six months to one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- 2-3 years procurement in a manufacturing environment is preferred
- Able to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instruction, and procedure manuals.
- Able to speak effectively.
- Must possess good telephone etiquette.
- Must be a good listener.
- Able to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume.
- Able to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Able to apply common sense and understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Have knowledge of the internet and possess proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications.
- Able to function with the ERP/MRP system program used by Hunting Titan.
- Be familiar with workplace terminology
- Able to manage and work with people in a professional way to accomplish the tasks assigned to this job
- Good organizational skills
9 July 2017Apply for this vacancy