Design Engineer (10+ Yrs Exp), Spring, TX HR9-00117
Seize this opportunity to gain experience as a project engineer with a world leader in subsea oil and gas riser technology.Leverage your innovative mindset and professional drive in this high impact, multifaceted position. Launch your career and get exposure to a dynamic industry through extensive company provided training and project exposure. Develop the valuable skills and knowledge you need to advance with an incredibly stable company.
As a Design Engineer with Hunting Subsea Technologies, you will be responsible for supporting the development of Hunting Subsea products and services. Activities include design, analysis, testing, manufacturing, and installation support through all phases of product development and deployment. You will also enjoy:
·Interesting Projects –In this role, you will be tasked with developing innovative solutions for critical offshore riser applications. Take advantage of the opportunity to work with interesting materials like titanium alloys while utilizing the latest design and fracture mechanics analysis tools.
·Training and Mentorship –Learn from the best. Excel in your role and diversify your skills with extensive training and mentorship from a knowledgeable team.
·Opportunities for Advancement –Join a company that invests in employees by providing ongoing training, company funded continuing education, and advancement opportunities.
·Outstanding Employee Tenure –Hunting’s exceptional employee culture and ability to adapt to the ongoing changes in the industry have contributed to long employee tenures. Many professionals on the Hunting Energy team have been with the company for over a decade.
·Stability and Growth –By joining Hunting, you are making a valuable investment in your future. Hunting has been in business for over a century and continues to grow with continuous innovation and industry diversification.
·Competitive Salary –Industry aligned and commensurate with experience.
·Outstanding, low-cost benefits package –Enjoy an industry leading benefits package, with a low-costhealth, dental, and vision package, along with a 6% company matching 401(k) program. Other benefits include zero cost life insurance, long- and short-term disability, vacation, holiday, and sick pay.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
· Design activities will include creative brainstorming, proof-of-concept calculations, system layouts, top-down assembly design, detail component design and drafting.
· Analysis activities will include classical handbook calculations, engineering spreadsheets, and Finite Element Analysis for determinations of structural integrity, stability, fatigue, and fracture.
· Testing activities will include hands-on involvement during internal verification programs, as well as technical monitoring of external laboratories.
· Manufacturing support will include direct interface with both internal and external shops to promote efficient product development, mitigate non-conformances, and provide disposition as necessary.
· Installation assistance will be required for each product through installation, operation, repair, and decommission.
· Project planning in terms of the following: system layout and detail design, system analysis and verification, manufacturing support, documentation, reports, design reviews and customer presentations.
· Performs other duties as assigned.
· BS in Mechanical Engineering from a four-year college/university is required
· Minimum 10 years work experience in an engineering environment as a Project/Design Engineer
· Proven experience with Finite Element Analysis
· Familiarity with Fracture Mechanics design methodology
· Experience with and ability to work in a manufacturing environment
· Experience with an engineering/fabrication company in the oil & gas industry preferred
· Oil & Gas experience strongly preferred
· Must be able to read technical documents including drawings and specifications
· Must be proficient with SolidWorks; experience with other 3D CAD systems a plus
· Familiarity with linear and nonlinear structural FEA software a plus
· Experience with Abaqus/CAE preferred
· Effective organizational skills and the ability to prioritize assignments
· Strong conceptual, problem solving and analytical skills
· Ability to meet minimal travel requirements.
· Experience with deepwater riser systems a plus
· Experience with design of machined and welded structures a plus
· Advanced degree in Mechanical Engineering
· Experience in Subsea Oil & Gas
· 10 years experience in Mechanical Engineering
30 June 2023Apply for this vacancy