Senior CNC Machinist - Advanced Mfg Cell - HR9-00065
Senior CNC Machinist – Advanced Manufacturing: Setup and machine parts to engineering drawings using CNC Lathes/Mills and other equipment, as determined by manufacturing engineering and/or supervisor, in a safe and efficient manner. Attention to detail and quality are essential in this individual.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
1. Machine Operations
• Set Up and operate CNC machines according to procedures, programs, and engineering drawings.
• Ability to setup and machine first-run jobs with little or no supervision. Must communicate program, tooling, or setup issues back to programming department for resolution.
• Understanding of CNC G-code format and ability to decipher intent of program prior to running.
• Knowledge of and ability to use all associated precision measuring instruments required for ensuring parts meet tolerances prior to submitting to quality for inspection.
• Knowledge in machining of multiple types of materials including, but not limited to: Stainless Steels, Nickel-Alloys, Copper-Nickel Alloy, Super Duplex, Inconel grades, and various other high-temp alloys.
• Knowledge of tooling types, geometries, grades, and tool holders.
• Manage tooling configuration (turret/magazine) to reduce redundant setup and maintain efficiency.
• Troubleshoot machining issues to determine if issue requires a change in tooling, program, or if machine requires maintenance.
• Support and assist with machine PM program as required.
• Perform other related duties as assigned.
• Read and understand Hunting Quality Manual.
• Ability to read and interpret engineering drawings.
• Responsible for dimensional and quality conformance of machined parts.
• Assist in the backing up of programs to centralized database as required.
• Suggest changes to process to improve quality and efficiency of operations.
3. ERP System Utilization
• Daily clocking of manufacturing activity to keep accurate records of setup and production times.
4. Company Policies and Procedures
• Complete all responsibilities in a timely and professional manner while maintaining quality and confidentiality.
• Employee will be responsible for keeping work area(s) safe, clean, and organized.
• Complete all assigned safety and job specific training.
• Must wear designated PPE at all times and adhere to Hunting Safety guidelines and procedures.
To perform in this position successfully, an individual must be able to complete all areas outlined above for this position in a satisfactory manner. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities necessary to meet the minimum job requirements of this position.
Required: High school diploma or equivalent. Basic computer skills are required.
Preferred: A College certification or technical school in related field.
• Work Experience – 8 years minimum experience in CNC Lathe or Mill setup and operation (Level 4 Machinist Equivalent). Multi-axis, Multi-spindle and multi-turret experience preferred. Ability to read and understand engineering drawings. Commitment to high quality standards and attention to detail. Interpret machine G-code and understand multi-axis machine movement.
• Work Environment – This position will require working in a Production Floor environment with non-hazardous noise levels. Air conditioned and heated climate controlled facility. Requires the ability to stand for long periods of time and lift up to 50 pounds. Frequent planned and unplanned overtime. The work environment described here are representative of those an employee would encounter while performing the essential functions of the position. Reasonable accommodations maybe made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.
Experience in one or more of the following is desired:
4-axis VMC, 4-axis HMC, B Axis Tilting Head Mill/Turn, Multi-turret – multi-spindle mill/turn, unattended operation setup (i.e. bar feed, gang tooling, etc.)
4 June 2018Apply for this vacancy